When traveling it is always nice to have the right set of baggage. Osprey has a pretty nice solution with their Ozone Duplex 65 Travel Backpack. The Duplex is basically two pieces in one.
The pack has two halves that can be put together when needed (eg traveling through an airport or from the cab to your hotel) and then they can be separated. This allows you to easily stash one piece in the overhead compartment of a plane and keep the other half with you or ditch one half where you are staying take the other out on a hike or around town.
I like this backpack as an everyday carry option because you can keep your normal day to day items in the Daypack side and then put clothes for the gym or after work bike ride in the Cargo Bag side. The Daypack side is kitted out with lots of nice organizer pockets and padded sleeve for laptop or tablet.
The Cargo side opens up nicely to pack quickly. They even included an external liquids pocket for trips through airport security.
Osprey Ozone Duplex 65 Backpack Features:
- Rear panel zip to main compartment allows access even when paired with Cargo Bag
- Hidden zippered pocket behind shoulder harness offers secure storage for passport, tickets, wallet, phone and other valuables
- Deep, large dual water bottle pockets
- Padded laptop and tablet sleeves inside main compartment
- Large padded organizer pocket at top of front panel protects contents stored inside
- Top and side padded handles for comfortable carry
- Large, quick, easy to access liquids pocket at top of pack
- Upper and lower compression straps keep contents from shifting and can be used to secure extra items to the pack
- Easy to pack, side opening main compartment has a tough #10 YKK zipper with lockable sliders for extra security
- Dual internal compression straps with fabric wings keep clothes neat
- Zippered mesh pocket on inside of front flap keeps clothing items organized and accessible
- Included shoulder-carry strap tucks away into liquids pocket
- Volume – 65L
- Dimensions – 21.3″ H X 13.8″ W X 9.1″ D
- Weight – 4.1 lbs