Urban EDC Supply always has some interesting finds on their site. Recently they added some really nice items in the form of wooden carabiners from Hudwood and new Eiger Ultra flashlights from Peak.
Hudwood Wood Carabiners
The Hudwood wooden carabiners are something I’ve never seen done before. I actually own some wooden sunglasses and a wooden watch but a carabiner made out of wood is new to me. These aren’t for climbing, obviously, but they do look great and are designed to be strong for everyday carry of your keys and other small items.
These carabiners are lightweight at only half an ounce. They are designed to support up to 22lbs, which is more than what I would use them for.
Each piece is unique. I really dig the woodgrain in each version. They have zebrawood, rosewood, and walnut options. Hudwood has made these carabiners in a couple of different styles as well.
Hudwood Wooden Carabiner Purchase Links
- Hudwood Simple model wooden carabiner
- Hudwood Drop model wooden carabiner
- Hudwood Surf model wooden carabiner
Peak Eiger Ultra Flashlight
Peak’s Eiger flashlight was already a nice flashlight for the money. Now they have released the Ultra version that is three times brighter at 81 -114 lumens depending on the bulb tint.
The Ultra version of the Eiger has a new optic that triples the output. Peak has introduced Quantum Tunnel Composite (QTC) Technology on the Ultra to allow for variable light output. You can go for dim output if needed or super bright on the high setting.
The Peak Eiger Ultra runs on a single AAA battery. This makes the size small and the weight light at 1.2-2.4oz depending on model you buy – aluminum, brass, or stainless steel.
The Ultra features o-ring seals and designed to be shock and water resistant because the heads are individually sealed with thermal epoxy. I really enjoy that this flashlight is made and assembled in the USA with options for different LED light tints.
Peak Eiger Ultra Flashlight Features
- Cree XPG white LED with three different white tint outputs: Cool White, Neutral White, and High CRI
- Lumen output (standard 1.5 volt battery): Cool – 114 lumens, Neutral – 87 lumens, High CRI – 81 lumens
- Choose from HA Aluminum (Black), Brass, or Stainless Steel
- Weight (with battery inside): HA Aluminum – 1.2oz, Brass – 2.4oz, Stainless Steel – 2.3oz
- Electronics are exclusively potted in Thermal Epoxy for reliability, shock and water resistance
- All openings are O-Ring sealed for water resistance
- Protective windows are made of unbreakable polycarbonate scratch resistant material
- Positive battery contacts are made of solid brass
- Engineered to use all different battery chemistries: Alkaline, Lithium primary, 3.7 Volt Lithium Ion Rechargeable 10440 or NiMH rechargeable batteries
- Simple twist on/off mechanism for ease of use
- Designed, manufactured and assembled in the USA