To celebrate Spring 2018 Field Notes has released the limited edition FNC-38 “Coastal” memo books. Field Notes has been jazzing up their product line with limited edition releases for a while now. This latest limited edition I feel is really nicely done with gold foil topography maps and reticle grid on the cover. Field Notes are one of the most widely carried everyday carry note and memo books on the planet with a wide array of designs to fit lots of different needs.
This limited edition release includes two 3 memo book sets featuring designs of the west and east coast of the United States. As you probably know or guess Field Notes makes all of their paper products in the United States and also include some pretty nerdy specs outlined below. You can purchase the “Coastal” set for $12.95.
- Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill
- Cover: Neenah Classic Crest “Cadet Gray” 100#C, printed with white digital ink and stamped with Crown foils 210F-107 and 563F-107 by Nu Wave Die Cutting & Finishing, Chicago, Ill.
- Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a split-fountain application of “Coastal Blue” and “Coastal Green” soy-based Saphira inks.
- Cover printed on a Hewlett-Packard Indigo 12000 29″ digital press; Innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40″ 6-color offset press.
- Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 10S in-line stacker, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the “Founding Fathers of the Staple.”
- Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8″ (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine.
- Reticle grid: 3/16″ × 3/16″ (4.7mm × 4.7mm).
- Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2″ × 5-1/2″ (89mm × 140mm).
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
They are also featuring a launch party in Chicago tomorrow for those in the area that are interested. Read about the party here.